You are here: Home
Frequently asked questionsCannabis Strains: Do Cannabis Strains Differ?
By Dr. Ethan Russo
Cannabis consumers have always maintained that different types (strains, or chemical varieties, chemovars) produce distinct effects, whether this be with respect to their psychoactivity or to their therapeutic attributes. Strains are often ... more
- 25. January 2015
Germany: Chancellor Merkel supports improvements in the medical use of cannabis
It is "important that we extend and improve the possibilities of the use of cannabis as a medicine for severely ill patients," said German Chancellor Angela Merkel in response to a request by a citizen to rethink the current legal status of cannabis in Germany. The question and the answer of the Chancellor were published on a website, where the Chancellor directly responds to questions by German ... more
- Jamaica: Government wants to allow the possession of cannabis for medicinal and religious reasons
- 11. January 2015
- 28. December 2014
- IACM: IACM honours Professor Raphael Mechoulam for 50 years of cannabinoid research
- USA: Congress quietly ends the ban on medical cannabis by the federal government
- Science/Human: Cannabis use in combination with opioids better reduces pain than opioids alone
- Canada: For the time being patients may continue to grow their own cannabis high court rules
- USA: Colorado awards 8 million Dollars to study the benefits of medical cannabis
- Science/Human: THC induced impairment on decoding emotional facial expressions is attenuated by cannabidiol
Cannabinoid Conference 2015, a joint meeting of the IACM and the European Workshop on Cannabinoids on 17-19 September 2015 in Sestri Levante, Italy.
IACM on Twitter
Follow us on twitter @IACM_Bulletin where you can send us inquiries and receive updates on research studies and news articles.