You are here: Home
Frequently asked questionsCannabis Strains: Do Cannabis Strains Differ?
By Dr. Ethan Russo
Cannabis consumers have always maintained that different types (strains, or chemical varieties, chemovars) produce distinct effects, whether this be with respect to their psychoactivity or to their therapeutic attributes. Strains are often ... more
- 17. May 2015
Science/Human: Children with epilepsy may profit from a treatment with CBD according to a survey
According to a survey with 117 children with epilepsy 85% of their parents reported a reduction in seizure frequency, and 14% reported complete seizure freedom. These results by researchers of David Geffen School of Medicine in Los Angeles were published in the journal Epilepsy & Behavior. They conducted a brief online survey of parents who administered CBD-enriched cannabis preparations for the ... more
- Germany: The Bundesrat supports the use of cannabis in pain patients and in palliative care
- Italy: The army has started to grow cannabis for medicinal purposes
- Science/Human: THC effective in a woman, who was unable to maintain weight after multiple surgeries
- 03. May 2015
- 19. April 2015
- Science/Human: Inhaled cannabis reduced diabetic peripheral neuropathy pain in controlled study
- USA: Georgia legalizes cannabis for limited medical use
- Science/Human: Oral cannabis extracts were effective in one third of children with epilepsy in an open study
- Poland: Police raids homes of medical cannabis patients and arrests cannabis activist
Cannabinoid Conference 2015, a joint meeting of the IACM and the European Workshop on Cannabinoids on 17-19 September 2015 in Sestri Levante, Italy.
IACM on Twitter
Follow us on twitter @IACM_Bulletin where you can send us inquiries and receive updates on research studies and news articles.